How should I increase flow?

eashton123

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
120
Reaction score
68
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently run a MP10 on my 40 gallon tank. I currently have it at 25% reef crest during the day.
I have many SPS and Zoas corals. I believe I need to increase the flow. Should I gradually increase the flow overtime is my first question? And what suggestions would you give me for a percentage to set the power head to?
 
I ran a mp10 on 100% reefcrest on my biocube 14 (a 10g display really) that was SPS and zoas. I would just turn it up to 50% and see how things look after a couple days. Might have to move the powerhead around a bit. I would then keep going higher!
 
It takes me hours to get my MP's positioned. Set one a a slave and it does opposite of master. Place one low and one high. Great natural flow pattern. I would add another MP10.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new