How should I treat brown jellyfish disease

Lucafish101

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took my hammer out of my tank and put it in a ziplock bag I’ve heard of hydrogen peroxide dips but don’t know how to do them.
I dont know any Ratios or anything and all the videos I’ve watched are for Zoas and removing algae

shwareefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've only used peroxide for algae control, but.. Get peroxide in a squirt bottle, it's the easiest to apply that way. Spray the affected area, let it sit for 2 minutes then rinse with a little tank water and put it back in the tank.

OP
OP
L

Lucafish101

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've only used peroxide for algae control, but.. Get peroxide in a squirt bottle, it's the easiest to apply that way. Spray the affected area, let it sit for 2 minutes then rinse with a little tank water and put it back in the tank.
I shook it in the bag and it took some of it out and it’s not that large of a frag is it fine if the hydrogen peroxide touches the the coral and do I spray it out of water?

shwareefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it's generally safe but they usually retract for a while. I've have some zoas that got funky after spraying but still became normal later. I discovered afterward that particular peroxide had some stabilizer chemical in it. I find the equate stuff from walmart is pure and doesn't do that.

Yes, spray outside the tank, let sit the two minutes, rinse with tank water and return to tank.

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried peroxide on a Duncan with brown jelly and it melted away really quick. The brown jelly would have taken it out anyways, just stating it didn’t work on a Duncan.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 26.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 32.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 30.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back