How small is too small

VREAD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. We have recently finished cycling our tank. When the parameters were good (1 month cycle), we ordered two false perculas from an online distributor. What we received were two clownfish, both less than 1/2“. The first one died within 2 days and the second has been struggling and looks as if it will probably die today. we knew the fish would be small, but we’re surprised at just how small. I don’t know if the trip was too much for these babies.

the other fish in the tank are doing just fine.

has anyone had experience with the purchase of such small fish. I feel terrible about them. Just such a helpless feeling.

Thanks,

Vicki

Dave1993

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hard to get a good picture of him but here he is don't have a pic of him when he was 1" as he hid 24/7 at that size

20220428_111950.jpg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of my fish I got at 1/2” if not smaller, generally these fish don’t ship well but if you get them from an LFS and can see how they’re doing in person before buying them then you’ll have much more luck.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 40 58.8%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 18 26.5%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.9%

Back