How tall can i go with 1/2?

coralosity351

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 26, 2016
Messages
162
Reaction score
59
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've been pondering over the overall shape of my new tank and I have 3 peices of 1/2 glass and one shape I've come up with is tall cuboid. I'm trying try make as few cuts as possible and if I use this design the height would be 3ft is this gonna be thick enough?
 
Could you provide dimensions of the glass? I guess I'm trying to figure out why, if you have enough glass to make a tall cuboid, you don't simply "flip" it on it's side and make a wider cuboid shape?
 
Would you be willing to pick up another small piece or are you trying to build it out of those three only?
 
36Lx18tx17 deep.
Makes a lot more sense than a 3' tall narrow tank. ;)
 
Yeah- that's what I was thinking- all you would have to do is buy another 18"x17" for the second endpiece.
 
Yeah- that's what I was thinking- all you would have to do is buy another 18"x17" for the second endpiece.
Wouldnt need to buy another pieces. He has 2 pieces of 72x18.
Cut one in half for front and back, other in half and shave off an inch of 1 for bottom, cut other half to 18x17 for other side.and use scrap for braces/overflow

Pay someone a few bucks to cut it
 
36Lx18tx17 deep.
Makes a lot more sense than a 3' tall narrow tank. ;)

I'm curious what the OP thinks, but half-inch glass is way way way way way overkill for an "ordinary" 3 foot tank of those dimensions.

I suspect the OP was trying to capitalize on his extra thick glass.
 
[quote uid=63905 name="nitrodude" post=2969130]36Lx18tx17 deep.<br />Makes a lot more sense than a 3' tall narrow tank. ;)[/QUOTE]<br /><br />I'm curious what the OP thinks, but half-inch glass is way way way way way overkill for an "ordinary" 3 foot tank of those dimensions.<br /><br />I suspect the OP was trying to capitalize on his extra thick glass.
I just want to make the biggest tank I can with the glass I have it just happens to be 1/2 inch
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new