How to add a sponge without adding lfs water

  • Thread starter Thread starter RMS18
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

RMS18

I keep water chemistry as my hobby
View Badges
Joined
Aug 21, 2015
Messages
2,996
Reaction score
2,156
Location
The Shore
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm interested in picking up a tree sponge but I do not want the water from the lfs in my tank. If the sponge can't hit air then how do you add it without adding the lfs water?
 
Drip acclimate it in a container inside a 5 gallon bucket.
Drip it long enough for the LFS water has been replaced by your water.
Then take the container it's in and put that within your tank.
Now you are free to place it
 
I'm not really sure if that air/water theory is actually true. I've dropped the water level many times before and I can't imagine that all of the sponges on the dark side of the rock died each time. Don't get me wrong it can happen, but sometimes it doesn't. ;)
 
I'm not really sure if that air/water theory is actually true. I've dropped the water level many times before and I can't imagine that all of the sponges on the dark side of the rock died each time.
Don't get me wrong it can happen, but sometimes it doesn't. ;)
I was also thinking when I shut my return off for maintenance, when I turn it back on for 1 second it shoots tons of micro bubbles then clears. Think those bubbles will affect it?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new