How to ATO.

Very simple DIY ATO solution and with some searching you could probably find cheaper options. I just put what came up first.

https://www.amazon.com/GEREE-24V-38...UTF8&qid=1512345974&sr=1-6&keywords=ssr+relay
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Q2E5IXW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/uxcell-Water...8&qid=1512346008&sr=1-22&keywords=project+box
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FHAEBIA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/SlimLine-224...qid=1512346153&sr=8-3&keywords=extension+cord

atodiagram.jpg

I’m new to this ato and not very knowledgeable with electricity. Could you elaborate more on the diagram or pm me! Why is there 2 float switches in the diagram?
 
I’m new to this ato and not very knowledgeable with electricity. Could you elaborate more on the diagram or pm me! Why is there 2 float switches in the diagram?

I like to have a minimum of two switches. One that is at the desired water level turning the pump on and off as the water falls and rises and another as a backup positioned up out of the water. If the lower one fails to switch the pump off the upper one will. You can add as many switches as you need. Many people will add a third float valve in the reservoir for dry run protection.
 
I use one of their auto top off units with a cheap jebao pump. I have the double unit. I've used their top off units for years and they are extremely reliable. I highly recommend them. :)

I have one of their auto top offs. It has a snail guard and one of their pumps. I have had it for 3 years and it works flawlessly. I think it cost no more than $40 all told.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new