How to avoid scratches

Ernie C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, just curious how common are scratches on glass tanks? Is there any way to avoid them? I’ve had my latest tank for a year, only have used stainless steel scrapers and have a bare bottom and I have found three super thin scratches. I have pods on the glass when I scrape but can’t imagine they can scratch glass lol. Is it inevitable to have scratches?

K-Philly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, just curious how common are scratches on glass tanks? Is there any way to avoid them? I’ve had my latest tank for a year, only have used stainless steel scrapers and have a bare bottom and I have found three super thin scratches. I have pods on the glass when I scrape but can’t imagine they can scratch glass lol. Is it inevitable to have scratches?
Scratches inevitable? Nope, but glass is way more scratch resistant than acrylic. When scraping, just treat it like your vehicles windshield and you should be just fine. Some scratches can be repaired as well.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 23.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 32.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back