Scratch on glass visibility

Mandarin the first

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 8, 2018
Messages
22
Reaction score
5
Location
New zealand
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a tank I want to use but I have noticed two scratches on the front glass panel. They are deep enough to catch your fingernail on so fixing them is probably out of the question.
Will these scratches be a lot less visible when the tank is actually filled with water? The tank is float glass so is it worth just buying a new piece of low iron glass to replace the front? I’ve only had low iron tanks before so I’m not sure how they look when filled but I don’t like the green tint of them with the lights off. Any advice or experience welcomed!
 
Cesium oxide can be used to sand glass(imagine wet sanding with a drill or buffer). Alot of work and overdoing it will cause distortion in view through glass, may be worth practicing on scrap glass. If left alone, the scratches will likely disappear(to everyone except you) once tank is filled and has something inside to look at- until algea grows in the scratch(assuming they're inside)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new