How to be successful with a copperband butterflyfish

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Nkarisny. All my fish get LRS frozen food every day and mysis which I supplement a couple of times a week with live white worms or clams that I buy live and freeze them myself.

jbhydroman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Article. I have had my CBB for over a year and is going strong. It still has a ferocious appetite. I Feed it Clams, frozen brine, and mysis shrimp. At first, it was hard to feed, but after a while, it finally took to the frozen food. It also helps when I dose the frozen foods with a vitamin or garlic supplement. It is growing so fast that I may have to get a bigger tank or sell it back to my LFS.
PS: the brown spots on my Foxface and CBB are algae on the glass not on the fish.

Attachments

• P1010003.JPG
    P1010003.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 9
  • P1010004.JPG
    P1010004.JPG
    111.2 KB · Views: 7

Thales

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are likely still being caught with cyanide in many places. You likely have a better chance with ones comming out of Oz.

kou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my second attempt at a cbb. He was eating live bbs at the lfs and they had the cbb for 3 weeks, so I thought why not give it another shot?

He’s currently solo fish in my lowboy grazing the macro and scape for mini feathers, etc. I’ve been offering live bbs, but I hope to transition to blackworms as soon as I can find a lfs that has live in stock. Next goal would be the rock/frozen cube method..

Today is day 4 and I tried masstick yesterday. Probably too soon but why not? Didn’t work anyway. Just another day feeding live bbs.

I also have a blood shrimp and algae blenny but I don’t think they really contribute to the feeding frenzy..

Last edited:

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 47 26.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back