How to buy a new tank (HELP)

ClownSchool

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 3, 2021
Messages
722
Reaction score
793
Location
US
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking to upgrade to a 48” tank and stand, 75 gallons or more, and realized I don’t know anything about aquarium brands.
I got into the hobby being gifted a BioCube 16 and upgraded last year to a HOB’d out, used 55 gallon and stand for $100 (I didn’t know if I would stay in the hobby).
I now have 3 AI 32s, an Apex, Trident and Doser, but got a little sticker shock at Red Sea’s price (Red Sea 350).
Are there any alternative brands out there that provide the same, or similar, packages for a little less money without sacrificing significant quality?
image.jpg
 
ooof I think you just missed out on the IM 100 40% off sale.

They still have regular sales but that 40% off was /dool

They don't come with a sump but I bought a 40 breeder and had glass baffles made... I think it was around $50 for the tank and $40 for the baffles and a few dollars for silicone.

Waterbox is another brand
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new