How to calibrate Apex EL temp probe?

Leon Gorani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am confused on the steps in the apex app to calibrate the temp probe, I just set up my new Apex EL and I haven’t calibrated the ph or temp probe.
This is what I did to calibrate it. I used my Hanna salinity/temp checker to measure the temperature and then in the apex app when I clicked the temp probe calibration in the tasks, I typed in the temperature that my Hannah checker measured, that is the only temp checker I have. I typed that measurement into the apex app and clicked done. Is that all I had to do? There are no specific steps in the apex app.

I am very confused because my Hannah checker said the temp was 77 degrees, but when I open my Apex app that app immediately said it is at 85 degrees F now. So how could that be?
I am using a aqua top 200 w heater and that heater says my tank is at 79 degrees. So I am pretty sure it isn’t at 85 degrees.
I couldn’t find any videos on this temp calibration for the new apex so I am not sure what is correct now.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay gotcha, but why would it still be at 84 degrees? Is that actually how hot my tank is? Or is apex wrong?
All I've done is click on calibration, manually added the temperature that I got separately and then waited a few minutes for the Apex to update.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 30 78.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 7.9%
Back