How to calibrate Neptune Trident with tank water?

thedon986

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just to add on to this as it is the most recent thread. I have had my Trident for almost 3 years. Calcium and mag have fairly accurate. Alkalinity has never been accurate. Consistent yes, but not accurate. Always measured my alkalinity almost 2 dkh lower than it really is. I lived with it as it was steady and had lfs and icp confirm the real value. Finally sent the Trident in for service and received it back. Ran it for several days the did the calibration. Calibration fluid was 8.44 dkh and tank read 6.2. Slowly raised my alk to 6.9 and brought sample into lfs which read 9.2. Had him measure the Trident calibration fluid which was 10.0 and not the 8.44 stated. I think you are better off calibrating to tank water after testing several times with hana and/or salifert. At least the Trident is very repeatable so if you want your values closer to the real numbers then throw out the calibration fluid.
This makes me very interested to see what happens with the Trident NP. There is rumors you have to use their fluid. I have never used their fluid and use my Hanna and Salifert kits. Ca and Mag have always been inaccurate but Alk is spot on with my Hanna which is trust. So I control my Ca additions with my Alk levels so I doesn’t add too much.

Back