How to capture a pistol shrimp?

WhitePanther93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 24, 2019
Messages
1,642
Reaction score
1,332
Location
Williamstown NJ
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a while back I purchase a curly-cue pistol shrimp and a high fin red bar goby in hopes that they would pair up. And after a month of nothing I finally look it up and find out that curly-cues don’t pair up with gobies. So I was considering going to my lfs to see if they would trade for a shrimp that does pair up. So what’s the best way to capture a pistol shrimp?
 
john boyega finn GIF by Star Wars
 
Bottle trap maybe. However any attempt.to net.probably wouldn't work. I have a tiger pistol in my 90 gallon and I doubt catching him is even possible.
 
Bottle trap maybe. However any attempt.to net.probably wouldn't work. I have a tiger pistol in my 90 gallon and I doubt catching him is even possible.
I don’t doubt you. Mine picked the biggest rock pile in my tank and dug out a little cave where he can see out on multiple sides
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new