How to Catch a Coral Beauty

Xler8n

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hes starting to nip at my sunset monti and has NEVER done this before. Ive had him for about 2 years. Been fine until now. How the heck can i catch him.. I tried using an olive jar with brine shrimp and my yellow tang went inside and not the coral beauty... Wrong Fish.. Darn. Please help. My LFS does not have a trap i can use

krustyd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:xd: cyanide in the tank will take care of him
Hes starting to nip at my sunset monti and has NEVER done this before. Ive had him for about 2 years. Been fine until now. How the heck can i catch him.. I tried using an olive jar with brine shrimp and my yellow tang went inside and not the coral beauty... Wrong Fish.. Darn. Please help. My LFS does not have a trap i can use

Reef Empire

I bleed saltwater.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The trick to using any type of trap is time. Let the trap sit in there for a few days before you try to catch anything, so the fish get used to seeing it.

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If that doesn't work, a friend had to drain his tank to get one out (300 gallon reef). He'd had it for about 9 years with no issues. Then it started on some acans, and moved to nearly everything in the tank...

dizzo

OO
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fish trap with built in feeder always worked for me. dont feed for a day and only feed out of it. i caught my ornge spotted rabbit in 2 days and anything else i wanted.

Murfman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just pulled a multibarred angelfish out of my 300. I split the tank in 1/3 and then pulled the rock in the section out. Took me a few hours but my corals are happier.

mikedelgado

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it sounds cruel but I took the barb off of a small fish hook and caught my coral munching hippo tang on the 3rd cast with a small piece of shrimp. took less than a minute. 1st two tries failed caust the wrong fish stole the bait.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 74 45.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 75 45.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 15 9.1%
Back