Bicolour Blenny nipping?

Brav403

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Help with a Bicolour Blenny. I got my first couple of corals (GSP/Green Kenya) the other day and they seem to have settled with acclimation already. I've moved them to their potential places in the tank (fairly low spots in the tank) and the Kenya has started polyp extension in places already. GSP not so much yet - I figured it was just grumpy from the move.

HOWEVER; I noticed yesterday my Bicolour Blenny swim over to the isolated island that the GSP is sat on and nip it, initially I was thinking he was just going for some algae that came on the frag, or am I wrong and the little ******* is just a coral nipper? I've read they can nip at SPS but this is a tiny frag of GSP.

My plan for the tank is to load it with soft/LPS corals longterm and so if he's going to continue this behaviour I guess I'll have to send him back to the LFS? Any ideas how I catch him? Bottle trap?

OP
OP
B

Brav403

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it could be nipping algae off the coral if it is not doing well algae may grow on it. blennys are generally reefsafe, but there is the occasional report of them nipping on clams and stuff.
There was a little algae that came on the frag to be fair to him so could have been nipping at that. The GSP has come out and looks happy under the blues today so hes obviously not been back at it.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 58 74.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 9 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back