How to catch a fish already established in the tank and types of wrasses which leave snails alone

HAAAAAAAA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a lunar wrasse which at first seemed to leave my snails alone, I did read that they were really aggressive towards inverts but at the same time I believed that not all fish are the same so "maybe my wrasse was different" but as time passed I stopped seeing my snail altogether and when I added new snails I saw him aggressively picking on them, so is there any way to get him out?

I would also appreciate wrasses which would leave snails alone so any info would be gladly appreciated

jgabbsxx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a lunar wrasse which at first seemed to leave my snails alone, I did read that they were really aggressive towards inverts but at the same time I believed that not all fish are the same so "maybe my wrasse was different" but as time passed I stopped seeing my snail altogether and when I added new snails I saw him aggressively picking on them, so is there any way to get him out?

I would also appreciate wrasses which would leave snails alone so any info would be gladly appreciated
I had a one of those as well and it caused havoc in my tank. I ended up getting a Melanurus wrasse and he has been a great addition to my tank, as well as my Yellow Coris!

I got the original wrasse out by sectioning out the tank with a makeshift divider. I tried to get all of my fish on one side of the tank and the wrasse on the other. (this was the hard part for me) I tried coaxing with food, but the fish knew something was up. I did have to remove some rockwork/rearrange corals for the time being but after 20/30mins fish was out.

OP
OP
H

HAAAAAAAA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a one of those as well and it caused havoc in my tank. I ended up getting a Melanurus wrasse and he has been a great addition to my tank, as well as my Yellow Coris!

I got the original wrasse out by sectioning out the tank with a makeshift divider. I tried to get all of my fish on one side of the tank and the wrasse on the other. (this was the hard part for me) I tried coaxing with food, but the fish knew something was up. I did have to remove some rockwork/rearrange corals for the time being but after 20/30mins fish was out.
Nice! I did forget to mention that I have a 30 inch tessalata in there with a whole pipe system so it might just be almost impossible to get him out unless I literally remove all the pipes and the tessalata, i did try to put some food at the surface where he would come up to the surface but he's just too fast

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Find out where he sleeps at night, and capture him a few hours after lights off. Wrasse tend to sleep a lot like humans, lay down and stay in one spot, usually hidden in the rockwork or sand.

JayM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
calc_in-hand-2-w356.jpg

OP
OP
H

HAAAAAAAA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Find out where he sleeps at night, and capture him a few hours after lights off. Wrasse tend to sleep a lot like humans, lay down and stay in one spot, usually hidden in the rockwork or sand.
Haha! You're right! When i first started the saltwater hobby I was so confused on where my wrasse disappeared to, so i thought that my eel had eaten him just to find him in a rock hole, Lol, great idea! Thanks!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back