how to catch this fish!?

  • Thread starter Thread starter saltyfins
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Buy a kiddie pool for < $20. Place it outdoors and syphon water into pool. I use a Mag 12 to pump water back into tank.
300 gallons, is not going to fit into a 20 kiddie pool, but I get it what your saying...
 
300 gallons, is not going to fit into a 20 kiddie pool, but I get it what your saying...
Go To HOME DEPOT.

Get a series of Brute Trash Cans.

Fill them and then slide them out of the way, one by one until the fish is flopping on the sand. (Dig a hole in the sand up front where you want to net him, the fish will go to the low spot if you have sand.)

Once netted, refill the tank.

Rinse the Brutes, Return to HD for a refund.

Take the fish to the LFS and get credit.
 
Size 32 hook with favorite food on it. Only way I could catch a large Atlantic Blue.
I'm so tempted to try this with my 8" sohal who is terrorizing the tank but somehow I don't feel right about it but I'll maybe get the courage if draining the tank down to 20% dosn't work.
 
I'm so tempted to try this with my 8" sohal who is terrorizing the tank but somehow I don't feel right about it but I'll maybe get the courage if draining the tank down to 20% dosn't work.

Just make sure there’s no barb on the hook. Took 20 seconds to get my powder blue out.
 
Harpoon Just make sure there’s no barb on the hook. Took 20 seconds to get my powder blue out.
Wicked Tuna Fishing GIF by National Geographic Channel
 
what do I do after it eats the bait, do I yank on it so the hook snags his mmouth as if i'm fishing??

Technically yes it’s like fishing. Even if you yank it a little those small hooks won’t do any damage without the barb IME.
 
what do I do after it eats the bait, do I yank on it so the hook snags his mmouth as if i'm fishing??
and dont let it swallow the hook. wait. maybe that's only a bass thing lol
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new