How to change name of tile

TWYOUNG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone tell me how to change the name of an apex fusion dashboard tile? I changed the name of the module several times but the tile has not customized.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You just change the name by clicking on the gear icon next to the tile. Sometimes you need to sign ou and re-login to see the changes take effect.

If you're still having issues please post a screenshot. Thanks.

OP
OP
T

TWYOUNG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You just change the name by clicking on the gear icon next to the tile. Sometimes you need to sign ou and re-login to see the changes take effect.

If you're still having issues please post a screenshot. Thanks.
Thanks and in most cases that works, however this tile is for a COR pump and the gear symbol only takes you to a screen where the flow rate is adjusted.

OP
OP
T

TWYOUNG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s the screenshot

Attachments

• 6D3BC958-1565-4BD8-BC97-B0A75AE0BAEC.png
    6D3BC958-1565-4BD8-BC97-B0A75AE0BAEC.png
    118.4 KB · Views: 26

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe if you click on the gear icon in the upper right corner of that screen it will then allow you to edit the name (I have to do this 2-step process when I rename my Sicce pumps that I control via IOTA).

OP
OP
T

TWYOUNG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe if you click on the gear icon in the upper right corner of that screen it will then allow you to edit the name (I have to do this 2-step process when I rename my Sicce pumps that I control via IOTA).
You are CORRECT sir! The gear symbol in that group of five options in the upper right corner did the trick. Thanks so much as I knew it could be done and it was bugging me.

OP
OP
T

TWYOUNG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are CORRECT sir! The gear symbol in that group of five options in the upper right corner did the trick. Thanks so much as I knew it could be done and it was bugging me.
If I could bother you for one more issue. Since removing and reinstalling the COR it no longer responds to the Feed A button I had it linked to. The feeding parameters I previously programmed remain however the COR doesn’t seem to be linked and continues to run.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NIce work @blaxsun ! This forum has more knowledgeable and talented people than any other hobby board, imo.

Winning First Place GIF by Diet Coke

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I could bother you for one more issue. Since removing and reinstalling the COR it no longer responds to the Feed A button I had it linked to. The feeding parameters I previously programmed remain however the COR doesn’t seem to be linked and continues to run.
I've had this happen once or twice with the Sicce pumps I have configured through IOTA as well. The short version is that when you're running any device that's directly controlled through the Apex it doesn't seem to read the configuration setup for the outlet. Rather - you have to copy the configuration from the outlet to the device itself.

So you have to go into the settings for the COR (the one you just renamed) and click on the same gear icon, then the Advanced tab. Under that you then have to paste the configuration. For example, this is how I have mine setup:

If FeedA 000 Then 25
If FeedB 000 Then 10
If FeedC 000 Then 5
If FeedD 000 Then OFF

Instead of turning the pump off completely and back-siphoning into the sump - this just throttles back the speed. "A" is for my quick frozen food feeds, "B" is when I'm adding coral+frozen food, "C" is for when I'm dosing Reef Roids and "D" is for maintenance. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
T

TWYOUNG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much. Worked like a charm and now I don’t have to turn off my pump and remember to turn it back on each time. My system has check valves in the overflow return and near the return pump outlet so I just let the pump shut down.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 14 14.7%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 41 43.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 34 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back