How to Clean Dosing Pump

  • Thread starter Thread starter Super Fly
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Super Fly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 19, 2018
Messages
1,454
Reaction score
1,087
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed my Bubble Magus doser was dispensing alk at higher rate than calc even though they were set to dispense equal amounts. After research, I learned that this was result of worn out dosing tube and that the BM dosing pump head should be taken apart and cleaned with dosing tubes replaced every 6 months (which I think is excessive and plan to do this annually).

Online some say to grease each part of the head assembly including tubes vs only grease the pins & ID of rollers that spin the pump head. Anyone know which is the correct method, i.e. avoid putting grease on the tubes? Thx
 
Last edited:
anyone? ...@ReefSquad?
 
Don't grease the tubes. Replace the tubes (or simply realign them in dosing head) quarterly. Its what I do, if you are already having issues, how long has it been since the tubes were replaced?
 
Don't grease the tubes. Replace the tubes (or simply realign them in dosing head) quarterly. Its what I do, if you are already having issues, how long has it been since the tubes were replaced?
Great, thanks! that's what I was leaning towards. Had unit for few yrs and never replaced tubes, wasn't aware. Just bought 25' of tubing online and will replace them this weekend.
Again, thanks for reply
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 12.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new