How to clear up Caulerpa thats gone sexual?

TheWackyWiz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ended up heading out of town over the holidays and it looks like my Caulerpa took the opportunity to go sexual. I ended up pulling most of it out of my macro display tank, did a 40% water change and added some filter floss into my filter but the water is still really cloudy.

Any recommendations for how to clear it up? I want to try to avoid doing too many water changes as I need to maintain some nutrients to feed the other macros (pom pom, sea lettuce, red ogo)

Thanks!

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ended up heading out of town over the holidays and it looks like my Caulerpa took the opportunity to go sexual. I ended up pulling most of it out of my macro display tank, did a 40% water change and added some filter floss into my filter but the water is still really cloudy.

Any recommendations for how to clear it up? I want to try to avoid doing too many water changes as I need to maintain some nutrients to feed the other macros (pom pom, sea lettuce, red ogo)

Thanks!
My Ulva goes sexual quite often but the microscopic gametes either settle out or collect at the water surface. Usually totally cleat in 12-24 hours. I do nothing. How long has the water been cloudy?

Upvote 0

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 66 35.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 59 31.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back