How to clearly price corals?

Cdipasquale

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need some ideas on the best way to clearly price corals in a store or frag swap setting. I've seen little 3d printed numbers that go on the egg crate, but can't seem to find them for sale anywhere. Anybody know where to get them, or have better ideas than that? I can't stand having to ask prices of corals i'm interested in so I want to clearly label them for my customers. Tanks are fiberglass so writing on the front glass isn't an option. Thanks in advance!

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need some ideas on the best way to clearly price corals in a store or frag swap setting. I've seen little 3d printed numbers that go on the egg crate, but can't seem to find them for sale anywhere. Anybody know where to get them, or have better ideas than that? I can't stand having to ask prices of corals i'm interested in so I want to clearly label them for my customers. Tanks are fiberglass so writing on the front glass isn't an option. Thanks in advance!

There are a number of 3D printing threads on our forum. Have you considered posting in any of them asking to have your numbers printed? I am fairly sure someone will take you up on your request.

Below are a couple of links to good threads. Try posting your request in these and see if you get some replies.

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Easiest way is probably to color code.

Create zones with colored plastic in rectangles. Like lying these down.
green area cost x, red area costs y.

particular corals use poker chips and write the price in sharpie on the chip.

C5A3A2F3-2E5F-4A92-AF65-F55A66BB53E0.jpeg

OP
OP
Cdipasquale

Cdipasquale

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Easiest way is probably to color code.

Create zones with colored plastic in rectangles. Like lying these down.
green area cost x, red area costs y.

particular corals use poker chips and write the price in sharpie on the chip.

C5A3A2F3-2E5F-4A92-AF65-F55A66BB53E0.jpeg
I like color coded sections....are these just colored acrylic rods?

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen people use uv reactive zip ties around the base of a coral plug to simplify pricing.

If the frags aren't completely encrusted, this is a good 'at a glance' method, and the uv reactive side of it adds a little pop to the display with royal blue leds.

Back