How to connect Vortech pump to WXM?

Krixic

A Tad Obsessed
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the vortech pumps with WXM module and am trying to connect them to my apex. I cant seem to get it to connect. Maybe I am doing something wrong? I followed the directions at this link https://www.neptunesystems.com/getstarted/wxm/vortech/ and when pressing the "set" button, I dont get a blue/yellow light. I have a Vortech MP10 with a black chip inside (recently upgraded it)

jonmos75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you upgraded to Mobius you will need to downgrade the firmware to work on a Reef Link or a WXM module.

OP
OP
Krixic

Krixic

A Tad Obsessed
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you upgraded to Mobius you will need to downgrade the firmware to work on a Reef Link or a WXM module.

Thanks, much appreciated

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Krixic and @jonmos75 I'm planning to purchase an APEX and already have a MP40 and Vectra M2 pump from Ecotech. I'd appreciate your thoughts on how difficult / safe it ws to "rollback" the firmware on the units and if you think it was worth it. Just trying to figure out the upside / downside vs simply controlling on/off via the EB832

Also -- Is the WXM still for sale or is it being discontinued by Neptune?

Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
Krixic

Krixic

A Tad Obsessed
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Krixic and @jonmos75 I'm planning to purchase an APEX and already have a MP40 and Vectra M2 pump from Ecotech. I'd appreciate your thoughts on how difficult / safe it ws to "rollback" the firmware on the units and if you think it was worth it. Just trying to figure out the upside / downside vs simply controlling on/off via the EB832

Thanks in advance.
Hey! So I accually ended up skipping that bit all together and just used Mobius as I have a vectra M2 so It did not make sense for me to connect to my APEX since I just felt it woud be a pain to have to use two platforms to shut off my devices to go into feed or waterchange modes.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Just to add Mike, the WXM has been discontinued by Neptune they have apparently kept a stock of them for any warranty issues for the next little while.

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Krixic and @JoshH thanks for your comments and saving me some $$$. Looks like I'll be running my MP40 and Vectra off of Mobius -- which is fine as I also have a Versa doser. Haha. Apex is now relegated to turning things on and off.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back