How to control the return pump for AWC program

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Clark song

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I now need auto water change programming. When draining, the return pump need not stop. When filling water, need to open the RO water valve and stop the return pump. When the water change is over, the return pump will still stop.until I manually maintenance M4, the return pump will resume. The problem is to lock the return pump after the water change is over, until the M4 maintenance is started manually, so that the return pump is released. This is the core issue. Others are relatively easy to be solved. Thanks!

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why are you pumping in RO water? Ideally, you should only add premixed salt water and won't have to stop the return pump at all.

If you still want to set it up that way, look up a "latching relay." I haven't read up on it much because I haven't had a need to implement one, but it is often used for things like an RO reservoir controlled by a solenoid. It allows it to turn on the water supply when the low level switch is actuated, stay on until the high level is activated, then stay off until the low level is activated. You would want to have it switched by parts of your water change program instead of float switches.

OP
OP
C

Clark song

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why are you pumping in RO water? Ideally, you should only add premixed salt water and won't have to stop the return pump at all.

If you still want to set it up that way, look up a "latching relay." I haven't read up on it much because I haven't had a need to implement one, but it is often used for things like an RO reservoir controlled by a solenoid. It allows it to turn on the water supply when the low level switch is actuated, stay on until the high level is activated, then stay off until the low level is activated. You would want to have it switched by parts of your water change program instead of float switches.
I am greatly appreciate your timely reply. My water change process is a semi-automatic process: First, I set the water level sensor L6 as the high level sensor in the water change programming, and set the water level sensor L4 as the low level level sensor in the water change programming. After I start the water change process, Drain (6) was activated and the drain pump was started. It drained the water from Refugium to the protein skimmer, causing the water level of the protein skimmer to rise to overflow, so the wastewater was passed into the drainage pipe of the protein skimmer, and discharged into the sewage pipe. When the low water level sensor L4 is activated, fill(6) is valid, at which time the return pump is stopped and the RO solenoid valve is opened. RO water is injected into the sump. When the high level sensor L6 water level is reached, at the end of the automatic water change, the RO solenoid valve is closed. At this point, I must ensure that the return pump cannot be started until I press M4 maintenance, and I manually add salt into sump. The setting of M4 is to ensure that the return pump and protein skimmer are stopped and the mix pump is turned on. When the salinity and water temperature of the sump meet the requirements. End M4 maintenance manually and the entire water change process ends. It sounds a bit cumbersome, but it does bring great convenience to my water change process.
By the way, your idea is exactly what I am currently optimizing, I think it would be very cool if someone solved it by programming GHL.;)

Thanks!:)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back