How to correct an autocorrect

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Joined
Jan 29, 2012
Messages
8,812
Reaction score
8,301
Location
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm on an iPad and every time I type the word lionfish it corrects the word to Lionfish, with a capital. How do you permanently correct an autocorrect?
 
Androids are just as bad, anytime I type the word crack, it changes it to Crack and I never understood why.
 
This is for iphone, but may work on iPad

Go into your Settings app and navigate to the General —> Keyboard section.
Tap the button called "Add New Shortcut."
For both the Phrase and Shortcut, enter the word you want autocorrect to ignore.
When you're done, tap Save.
 
I totally forgot about that feature! I'm going to put a load of scientific names in there! Thanks!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 38.9%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new