How to deal with Wantanbei aggression?

baylisascaris97

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 17, 2023
Messages
278
Reaction score
151
Location
NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 wantanbei females. They were raised/quarantined/released all at the same time. They have been in the 150 gallon aquarium for a month now and we clearly can tell who is the dominant one out of the two. Today was the first time I found her swimming beside an acclimation box clearly traumatized by the chasing. How do I correct this or should I just let it ride out?
 
Do you have a male? If not, I suspect they both may be starting to turn male. Usually if the dominant female changes sex, as long as there is a group setting there shouldn't be picking like you are seeing.

In the past with an aggressive fish, I have placed either a mirror at the end and let them fight themselves or was able to capture them and place them in the sump for a few days until they forgot and they now become the new fish.

Hope this helps.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new