How to deal with..

LaloJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure it has happened to many of us, how to deal with demotivation or discouragement within the hobby? It has happened to me on many occasions, especially in my beginnings with failed attempts at angel and butterfly tanks, which are all consequences of doing things wrong and many mistakes of a beginner aquarist, that is when you want to throw the tank out the window, but right now I feel a little discouraged since apparently I have been scammed, I'm just a fish guy, so approximately 6 or 7 weeks ago I bought one of my favorite fish, the Multibarred angel, unfortunately the fish arrived dead in the shipment and the seller immediately agreed to replace the fish, that seemed magnificent to me so a few days later I paid for a second fish, unfortunately it seems that the guy has disappeared since I tried to contact him even at his place of work (a lfs ) and they told me that he hasn't worked there for months, the guy is elusive with text messages, I don't care if I lost money, but the emotion that the wait to have these fish is over and it suddenly takes over is for me a feeling of frustration, I live in Mexico and it's not so easy to get these species, beyond the money lost, and although it is possible that the guy appears, he will most likely have to look for the fish elsewhere. So has anyone had an experience like this? or demotivated situation due to any other situation?

IMG_20230908_161014.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 89 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back