How to Dip new Hammer and Frogspawn Corals

oneilwiz

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 29, 2015
Messages
323
Reaction score
181
Location
Northern Virginia
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

What advice do you have on how to successfully dip newly acquired Hammer and Frogspawn corals?



I have tried in the past using Seachem Reef Dip with new frogspawn and hammer corals which didn't survive after a day or two. I have tested all water parameters as well as use the drip acclimating method for 30 minutes prior to starting the process of coral dip. Please share your advice and thoughts, I feel there is plenty on resources for SPS and zoas but not much on LPS and Softies.
 
I use seachems reef dip with my frogspawns (and any other coral) fairly often. Take a gallon of tank water from a water change in a plastic tub add 2 caps of reefdip and give it a stir. Place corals in for 15 minutes then wash them off in another container of fresh saltwater and back in the tank they go.
 
I use coral rx on everything at twice the recommended dosage. Never had any problems or pests make it past.
 
I dip in Bayer Advanced first, then CoralRx, then rinse.
Never seen a single coral damaged by this regimen.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new