How to display KH graph on Hydros with Kamoer Carer?

JoeinLA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got the Kamoer Carer and have it showing on my Hydros app. I only have the wave engine as a hydros “controller”.

When I try to see the Alk readings over time in the graph option (under the “Inputs” section), I see a grid with dates/times on the bottom, but the side (up/down y axis) shows only 0 - 5.2; so obviously not displaying the actual readings. I can’t figure out how to either move “up” rhe chart or adjust the scale/range. in the settings I do have it set for 7.5 - 10 as the min/max range, but that’s not affecting the graph/grid that’s given on the main status page.

I’m sure I’m doing something wrong since I see others posting their charts. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which WE do you have? Also how many test have been run since you set it up in the Hydros app?

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

JoeinLA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m have the Waveengine non-wifi (I *think* it’s a “v1” but it sure - how to tell?

I was running a bunch of tests each day to break it in but that went through reagent too quickly. I’m at 1 test/daty now but will go to 2 (or 3)/day once my replacement reagent comes in.

I was hoping it was some delay in uploading from Kamoer, but I’m still without any graphs…

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m have the Waveengine non-wifi (I *think* it’s a “v1” but it sure - how to tell?

I was running a bunch of tests each day to break it in but that went through reagent too quickly. I’m at 1 test/daty now but will go to 2 (or 3)/day once my replacement reagent comes in.

I was hoping it was some delay in uploading from Kamoer, but I’m still without any graphs…
The WEv2 can be a wifi master so you can create a collective of one with it and it will allow for non pump inputs and even control of wifi strips. The WEv1 and WELE cannot be a wifi master and do not support non pump outputs and inputs.

OP
OP
J

JoeinLA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would explain it! I have a v1.

Thanks for the clarification. A little disappointing but there ya go

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would explain it! I have a v1.

Thanks for the clarification. A little disappointing but there ya go
All it would take is to add any controller with a command bus cable and a terminator to create a collective and use the new controller as the wifi master and add the WEv1 to the collective. The only issue would be that the WEv1 will have its setups for the outputs and schedules erased when added so you would need to make some screenshots of any outputs, inputs and schedules you have setup so you can add them back into the collective. The WEv2 can power the controller if it is one that does not have a power input on it. The one thing you don't want to use is one of the power adapters that plug directly into the command bus with the WEv1 connected. When using the power adapter that plugs directly to the command bus no other source of power can be connected to the bus. That include the X10, XD, Kraken, XP8 or any Waver Engine but since those will supply power to the bus the power adapter that plugs into the bus is not needed with them on the bus.

OP
OP
J

JoeinLA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the help - I'm a little confused by the last bit re: power adapter plugging into the command bus. But I am thinking of getting the X10, and it sounds like i just need to avoid plugging the power adapter into the command bus.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the help - I'm a little confused by the last bit re: power adapter plugging into the command bus. But I am thinking of getting the X10, and it sounds like i just need to avoid plugging the power adapter into the command bus.
The X10 has a power adapter but there is a separate port to plug it in and you will have to use it or the pumps and drive ports will not work. The adapter I was referring to comes in the starter kits with either a X2, X3, X4 or XS. So it is ok to use both the WEv1 adapter with it and the X10 adapter with the X10. The controllers have isolation between the power port and command bus ports built into them but the power adapter that plugs directly into a command bus port does not have that isolation and is meant to be the only source of power for smaller collectives that do not have a X10, XD, Kraken, XP8 or a wave engine as a member. Once in a collective all inputs and outputs are shared with the collective so then it will not matter which device the input or output is on so Your 0-10v inputs and outputs on the WEv1 can be used just like there were on a controller. So you could control lighting with a 0-10v output on it if you want instead of a pump.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back