How to DIY frag plugs?

jaugermeister

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 10, 2007
Messages
204
Reaction score
50
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This will be my first attempt at making frag plugs and bio domes. What concrete mix and sand do you recommend using? I want a nice solid grey mixture that won't crumble. Thanks for your advice!
 
have you tried looking on Reeflix.com. I believe there is a guy that has a video on how to make them.
 
I used white portland cement, some calcium reactor media or crushed oyster shells, and white silica sand when I make rocks, plugs, and disks.

008.jpg


I think these were done with grey cement before I found the white

100_0191.jpg



Let me know if you want more info :)
 
Yeah you're right but it gives me something to do and I found some really cool molds to create domes for my favias. I'll post some pics when I'm done.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new