How to encourage a BTA to move from a suboptimal location?

Angryminer_07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have intersting situation. I have a rock toward the top of my aqua scape that has a very well encrusted sps frag on it but is also now home to two very well attached and happy BTA. One is in the very small center hole of a some what circular rock that I would love to keep in that place. The other nem I would like to move is attached to the under surface of the rock and opens basically on the sps frag that i dont want to move. I have had a power head blowing on the under surface nem for the better part of a month, ive tried to manually get the foot to release by slowly working the edge of the foot with a gloved hand (has worked other nems) but no budging. Ive tried to leave that side of the rock out of the water for an extended period of time almost to the point of the nem getting desicated but it persists.

It seems to be nice and happy where it is. Any other tips before a crack off my well encrusted frag to move it?

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never had any luck with the power head method. Put some adtional rocks on top of them and hopefully they will attach to that rock or at least move.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 156 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back