How to fix my photo taking issues?

Is the problem with my photos:

• Total voters

gatohoser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a polyplab lens kit with the orange filter on an iPhone 8 Plus for my tank but my photos still come out horribly tinted. Example
A7096A74-B0CB-4FCA-B90D-7FF7D38B0856.jpeg
446AB4F9-2404-4CC1-A802-AB28F94984D8.jpeg
E475DF01-87AE-4B96-BE76-0829A2222FF2.jpeg
4A54FE37-2FBA-4CF3-828D-3DC0C996EB21.jpeg

I imagine the issue is my color blend which is a Kessil A360x at 100% intensity 22% color 90% UV 0 red 0 green. I don’t want to need to change that to take pics unless that’s what everyone else does. When I remove the UV I see a marked improvement in my photos though.

Do you all tune your lighting to take a photo or is my phone the problem or something?

OP
OP
gatohoser

gatohoser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should add I’ve tried the app Aquarium Cam but dislike how it lower quality and doesn’t allow you to manually set focus point which means often it focuses on my sand. Also can’t use the optical zoom with it which is just silly for a camera app.

OP
OP
gatohoser

gatohoser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there anyone with suggestions? I posted this on BRS Facebook and got the same number of responses... I must be doing something wrong with my photos and lens then but what?

Aneasytarget

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find with my iPhone it‘s best to turn on camera mode and point at tank before adding the orange filter.
If I add the filter before pointing at the tank colours are a mess. I might be ”tricking” the phones auto white balance. If you can get an app that allows manual white balance selection, that will help.

OP
OP
gatohoser

gatohoser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find with my iPhone it‘s best to turn on camera mode and point at tank before adding the orange filter.
If I add the filter before pointing at the tank colours are a mess. I might be ”tricking” the phones auto white balance. If you can get an app that allows manual white balance selection, that will help.
Just to make sure I understand are you saying you put it into the camera app on photo and then add the lens?

LxHowler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also start the app before applying a filter to the camera. I use Android so I can adjust the white balance. Don't know if there is an iPhone option for this but I have found that these are the things that work for me, short of getting my DSLR out

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back