how to fix the lighting

RogerWilco357

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok i have a nano tank 12 gallon had it for 5 years maybe and the light and fans don't work anymore it just went out what can i do to upgrade the lighting or fix what is wrong with the pc lights that i has now ? I would like to keep the canopy the way it is so the fish don't jump out so i don't want to use a pendant or open type lighting .. anyone with options i may take advantage of or is there a retro kit made for these small tanks . I know mine isn't the only one that has had the light go out on i take it is a fairly common issue..help
Roger
thanks in advance for any ideas to fix this i would love to get it running again for the kids..

_Alex_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are lots of lighting upgrades for those, sorry I dont remember exact links, but you might find some under the nano forum here or maybe diy page, nanotuners I know has upgrades for them.

A local guy here just bought diy t5 kits and put then in place of the pc's

_Alex_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No i havent owned one but I have heard of it, have you tried calling them or looking on net? There has to be a fix somewhere, im guessing its corrosion on the inside from water over the years

dakotasreef

Prestige Worldwide
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did they both stop working at the same time? If both went out at the same time it could be the switch or wiring.

The 2 sites I know of are nanotuners.com and nanocustoms.com. They both have lighting upgrades or replacements.

OP
OP
RogerWilco357

RogerWilco357

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks guys will look into it but led's do sound nice and wouldn't have to worry about the heat or fans soo much..wonder how much they cost guess i better shop around unless you guys have done this and can point me in the right direction. my pc's just went out not sure if it is the ballast have to get a volt meter out and test that too..fans are shot need them replaced ..

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 138 43.3%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 111 34.8%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 49 15.4%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.6%
Back