How to get a chiller for $15

  • Thread starter Thread starter DaveA
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
That doesn't look like anyother chiller I've seen but if it works for you then great.
 
That's the point. It's a fan. It cools the water *A LOT* and it's MUCH cheaper than having a normal compressor type chiller. It helps a little exchanging O2 for CO2 helping a little with the pH as well.
 
Yeah I spent $2000 on a new central air unit for the house and I still have a fan just like that to blow across the top of the tank on some days I still use it.

JR,
 
Remember, if you have enough air movement and moisture removal to force evaporation, the water evaporating produces 7000 BTU per gallon of evaporation. I lose about 3 to 3 1/2 gallons per day from my 75 Display system....
 
I just bought that exact fan from BBB on Saturday and my tank has maintained a temp of 80 degrees now with the lights running from noon till 6pm daily.
Before I put the fan on my sump I couldn't have my lights on for more then 3 hours a day without the temp getting to around 85, so I kept them off most of the time. Now my lights are back on the timer along with the fan and its working out great. Best investment I made for the tank and it rekindled my interest in the hobby again.
I was going to sell everything off but now I am here for the long haul.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new