How to get clearer water?

  • Thread starter Thread starter trillbands
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

trillbands

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 25, 2024
Messages
9
Reaction score
2
Location
Columbia, SC
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reefers and reefettes, I’ve been in the hobby for a little over a year now and I’ve never really had that crystal clear water. Anyone have any tips on have to achieve it? It’s a 240G system, I run; carbon, filter socks, filter pad, aqua ultraviolet 57w uv, and a Red Sea reefer 300. I dose quantum bio’s, mag, and kalkwasser. I got my gyros used so I’m wondering if maybe that could be the problem, maybe they’re just so gunked up? I don’t know but here’s my tank, please take a look and let me know if you have any suggestions, thanks.

20251104_190539_DEEC5712-9E37-4A08-931E-E09967803C6D.png
 
Not sure what you mean by clear.......
its all blue to me.
Maybe you are seeing microbubbles from skimmer?
 
Not sure what you mean by clear.......
its all blue to me.
Maybe you are seeing microbubbles from skimmer?
Yea there’s a ton of micro bubbles and just random particles constantly floating around
 
Skimmer? Calcium carbonate as a flocculant works wonders. But so does kalk. Don't know what quantum bios is but I would stop adding stuff you dont need
 
If you want a super clear “fish floating” affect, then you need to run ozone.
 
Last edited:
Bubbles are a leak in your filtration. Return is sucking air or you are pushing too much flow thew sump. Try turning down flow first
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new