How to get GHA off od fungia plate?

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I've posted before about rehabilitating my fungia coral that started going all Skeletor. Set up a coral ICU, and it did well recovering, but a bit of GHA filament was able to attach to its skeleton.

Now, I have the fungia out of the ICU, but the GHA is growing nonstop.

How do I get this off wothout hurting the coral? I'm afraid of doing a peroxide dip, given the corals recent frailty. Any thoughts on your ends?

Thanks!

PXL_20221202_211745596.MP.jpg

OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bit of an update:

PXL_20221202_233843090.jpg

Tuxedo urchin seems to have read my post. Took it upon itself to go over the fungia and eat most of the GHA. Fungia doesn't look happy, but so far also hasn't shunk into its skeleton.

Decided to nudge the fungia over a bit to give it some space, and conch seems to have been sleeping right under it. Maybe conch will get its trunk to work on the remaining GHA? I'll leave my laptop open next to the tank so it can read this post.

OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how's it doing now?
Maybe get a photo tomorrow. It basically had a bad GHA problem, and I dipped it in peroxide, which it didn't like, but most GHA went away a few days later. Then it seemed to start gaining flesh again. Then the GHA started growing back, but as little mounds, not long strands. Was thinking of dipping again but put it off for days, and then one night something cleaned up the little GHA mounds. Still has some flesh, although mostly brown color except for the center where the mouth is which is still orange. New Noopsyche Mini on the tank now and everything seems to be happier, so maybe it bounces back.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 109 43.8%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 83 33.3%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 40 16.1%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 13 5.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.6%
Back