How to get rid of Dino’s?

Chiefmaster30

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any suggestions on Where to start to get rid of Dino’s? Fairly new tank as in a couple months old. 0 nitrates and phosphates at the moment. Alk is 9.0 calcium 415. Mag 1350.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they are the strain of Dinos that fade/disappear at night, usually running a UV filter will take care of them within a few days.

OP
OP
Chiefmaster30

Chiefmaster30

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they are the strain of Dinos that fade/disappear at night, usually running a UV filter will take care of them within a few days.

Yes they are! They disappear at night and come back soon as lights come on. I don’t have a up filter.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd consider running the UV filter in the DT first. Pretty simple to use. Run the UV; do 10-25% daily water changes to help rid the tank of the dead bacteria/detritus for a few days.

cidermaster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd consider running the UV filter in the DT first. Pretty simple to use. Run the UV; do 10-25% daily water changes to help rid the tank of the dead bacteria/detritus for a few days.

When I had Dino’s doing a water change made than worse the next day . What strain did you have ?

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unknown. I just did the water changes - after starting the UV filter - to remove detritus. Once per day. It was amazing the junk I siphoned out of the tank. Each day I did a 25% water change and the water got clearer and clearer. Took about 5 days for it to be clean and clear.

But yes, you are right. I tried doing water changes alone and it got worse and worse.

GatorScott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Were your nitrates and phosphates at zero when you got them?

Both times I’ve got them is after I dosed chemiclean to get rid of cyano outbreak. Chemiclean is known for drastically reducing the nitrates which it did, but phosphates I couldn’t tell you because it’s bad but I don’t test for it.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 94 41.6%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 114 50.4%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.1%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 3.1%
Back