I beat Dino’s. Now what?

Antbar701

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I beat prorocentrum Dino’s a battle of 4 and half months by dosing silicates and raising my nitrates and phosphates. My question is when is safe to do a water change? I haven’t done any since the Dino’s showed up 4 months ago. Now that the Dino’s are gone my tank is covered in neon green algae any ideas what this is?

IMG_3103.jpeg IMG_3102.jpeg

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some elements in the new saltwater feed them and they come back.

To the OP, I would wait maybe a month after no sign of dinos and then do a small WC and reassess.
I disagree with this concept. Dinos started because or poor unbalanced parameters and water changes aid in the rebalancing of the tank.

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I disagree with this concept. Dinos started because or poor unbalanced parameters and water changes aid in the rebalancing of the tank.
It’s not a concept, it’s a fact. I’ve battled dinos for 3 years now (4-5 times) and that’s just how it is. By the way my nutrients were never low, except the first time. Medium/high nitrates and phosphates all the other times.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some elements in the new saltwater feed them and they come back.

To the OP, I would wait maybe a month after no sign of dinos and then do a small WC and reassess.

What elements? What evidence is there for that?

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s not a concept, it’s a fact. I’ve battled dinos for 3 years now (4-5 times) and that’s just how it is. By the way my nutrients were never low, except the first time. Medium/high nitrates and phosphates all the other times.
And that's a scientific study proving a fact? Lol.... it just means you don't know how to maintain your tank parameters thus resulting in repeated battles with dinos. You do know dinos are in every tank right?

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Antbar701

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
100% false the Dino’s came about because of bottomed out nutrients, 0 phosphate and 0 nitrate a water change will lower those numbers. Maybe research some things before you give bad advice.

Back