How to get the coral back and forth sway?

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The back and forth is slower and more pronounced. Like polyps sway inches in each direction over several seconds - looks more like the anemones moving in Finding Nemo. You need other pumps and you can make those random to influence the waves, but they still flow back and forth.

OP
OP
J

jacrispy516

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The back and forth is slower and more pronounced. Like polyps sway inches in each direction over several seconds - looks more like the anemones moving in Finding Nemo. You need other pumps and you can make those random to influence the waves, but they still flow back and forth.
I've got two powerheads in this tank now with the Hygger being added today. Unfortunately, my other powerhead doesn't have a controller so I can't tinker with the flow on that. I definitely plan on getting another Hygger soon. Do you have a vid oh how it looks in your tank?

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s a beautiful tank, with super ugly wavemaker “pulse” settings. It looks like the fish are struggling to swim. Looks like they are stuck in Jello.

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might get close with a strong powerhead, like tunze turbelle, pointed 45deg at surface.
Cycling 5 secs on then 5 secs off.

OP
OP
J

jacrispy516

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s a beautiful tank, with super ugly wavemaker “pulse” settings. It looks like the fish are struggling to swim. Looks like they are stuck in Jello.

I see what you mean by the jello look. I currently have mine set to random mode with my other powerhead on the opposite end of the tank. I gotta see how that looks when the lights come on

adammarcos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what you could probably do is tanke the controllable one and set it to puse then make it push in the opposite direction of the one speed one.

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adding Pumps to an Aquarium of that size, heat maybe a problem. SpinStream attached to your return pump, may work. The only thing I don’t like about mine, is it needs a 45 degree elbow.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 49 25.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 62 32.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.1%
Back