Water level swaying back and forth?

JFinlay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t know how to describe this exactly and also not sure if it’s an issue, can’t figure out what is causing this to happen just makes my corals sway in a weird way.

My whole tank the water level sways from side to side, I’ve attached a video. Any ideas?

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t know how to describe this exactly and also not sure if it’s an issue, can’t figure out what is causing this to happen just makes my corals sway in a weird way.

My whole tank the water level sways from side to side, I’ve attached a video. Any ideas?

What power heads do you have running and is it in pulse mode?

OP
OP
J

JFinlay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What powerheads are you using. I'd imagine ypu have them set for some sort of pulse.

That sway is definitely a good thing for your corals. It sort of mimics the ocean. Many people.tey to replicate that.
Just a cheap Hygger and Jebao, both in “wave mode”

Well this is peace of mind, I’ve been trying to slightly move the powerheads around to make it more random but I’ll just leave it be. I have one up almost at the top of the water line for surface agitation, and another much lower in the opposite corner

shwareefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It's awesome, don't change it.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a cheap Hygger and Jebao, both in “wave mode”

Well this is peace of mind, I’ve been trying to slightly move the powerheads around to make it more random but I’ll just leave it be. I have one up almost at the top of the water line for surface agitation, and another much lower in the opposite corner
It usually takes a lot of effort to get a standing wave in your tank and to have euphyllia sway back and forth like that. People have to time the pulse just right for that to happen. And if you stumbled upon that without even trying, I think there'd be some people that would be envious of that luck.

I have my powerheads running different schedules throughout the day, but in the evening it goes into pulse mode that is timed for a standing wave, I really enjoy watching coral polyps sway with the current like that.

OP
OP
J

JFinlay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It usually takes a lot of effort to get a standing wave in your tank and to have euphyllia sway back and forth like that. People have to time the pulse just right for that to happen. And if you stumbled upon that without even trying, I think there'd be some people that would be envious of that luck.

I have my powerheads running different schedules throughout the day, but in the evening it goes into pulse mode that is timed for a standing wave, I really enjoy watching coral polyps sway with the current like that.
This is awesome. For some reason I assumed the polyps on my torches/hammer should be moving more, but I will leave everything alone now and enjoy the peace of mind that I stumbled upon the optimal flow for my corals! Thank you all so much

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 60 74.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back