***How to get your tank selected for the Reef Tank 365 feature!***

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi everyone! Someone recently asked how the tanks are being selected for the Reef Tank 365 spotlights.

First, we're NOT watching for stellar over-the-top reef tanks. We LOVE to see great reef tanks (and some of the ones we've featured have been absolutely CRAZY!), but we're not selecting tanks for this feature based on this. We want to feature all the many wonderful kinds of reef tanks being kept by our members here on R2R (members of all experience levels).

However, there are a couple of things we are watching for specifically that can help make the decision about featuring your tank:

1) Be sure to include ALL of the information requested:
  • Full or Partial Photo
  • Tank Size
  • Date Started (if you don't remember the exact date, this can be a rough date...month and year)
  • Link to R2R build thread
2) Keep an updated build thread. One of the main goals of these features is to introduce people to your build so they can follow along, so we are looking for build threads that are being maintained. If you haven't updated your build thread lately, be sure to post up any new developments or pics to increase the likelihood that your tank will be selected to be featured.
If you haven't posted your tank in our #ReefTank365 thread, please CLICK HERE and post it up! We'd love to feature your reef!

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
BUMP!! :D Make sure you guys are keeping your build threads updated! Sometimes that's THE deciding factor of who gets selected. ;) Also, we do NOT feature tanks that do not have a build thread going (sorry, but that's kind of the main point of these features).

Last edited:
OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 72 30.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 67 28.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 50 21.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 47 19.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.8%
Back