How to grow live rock organisms

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
will 2 24w acintic t5s work?
This will most likely be efficient enough for most of life that comes on rock.
I have 200lbs of gulf rock in my system. Its going to amaze you how much life actually comes on the rock.
Very minimal intensity until you cycle, cure and remove die off. But some light so your macros don't die off on you.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are popular to add T5s on a budget. They come with some starter bulbs that I guess work for macro and such.

sbreefco

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I use the water the LR comes with to match parameters in the gulf?
No, do not use the shipping water. You should have fresh clean pre-mixed saltwater ready to go, you should also have an ammonia test kit, test frequently for the first few days and be ready with pre-mixed saltwater in case ammonia gets higher than 1ppm so you can do a water change. Sometimes a sponge or something dies and causes a ammonia spike, sometimes you never saw a spike at all. If you have any questions or think someone doesn't look right just shoot it's an email.

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, do not use the shipping water. You should have fresh clean pre-mixed saltwater ready to go, you should also have an ammonia test kit, test frequently for the first few days and be ready with pre-mixed saltwater in case ammonia gets higher than 1ppm so you can do a water change. Sometimes a sponge or something dies and causes a ammonia spike, sometimes you never saw a spike at all. If you have any questions or think someone doesn't look right just shoot it's an email.
ok, is your brick and mortar store open? do you think you will have the special Lr for sale in the early summer? I might buy some and look at it at the store? Is this possible? to hand pick it then get it on airline at the same time we fly home then take it back home with us?

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im Probably going to want all the sponges and things on the Lr because I’m getting it shipped submerged. Also, what’s the probability of getting a higher order hitchhiker like a goby or a mantis?

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.1%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 30 16.2%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 94 50.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.6%
Back