How to grow Phytoplankton

Learn to grow algae
Cool article, have you ever considered adding k1 media to the culture to help keep the phytoplankton from attaching to the reactor.
 
Cool article, have you ever considered adding k1 media to the culture to help keep the phytoplankton from attaching to the reactor.
I actually have, but I don't want biofilms forming. The shear stress also impacts algae growth. Good thought!
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new