1   0   0
Cool idea!

MaddyP

'Til Reefdom Come...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great idea, but what about those with reactors running off a manifold? Won't this fill the reactors with food?

I'm not bashing this method, I've been feeding this way for years. However, my new build has a manifold and I'm concerned that over time my reactors will start to get clogged with food reducing flow.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great idea, but what about those with reactors running off a manifold? Won't this fill the reactors with food?

I'm not bashing this method, I've been feeding this way for years. However, my new build has a manifold and I'm concerned that over time my reactors will start to get clogged with food reducing flow.
That is a good point. I think if I were going to do this, I'd probably run the manifold on a separate pump (and in a separate compartment).

Last edited:
OP
OP
shiftline

shiftline

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used a separate DC jabeo pump for my manifold so non issue for me. I like to keep my overflow silent and didn't want any changes in flow affecting it

MaddyP

'Til Reefdom Come...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a good point. I think if I were going to do this, I'd probably run the manifold on a separate pump (and in a separate compartment).

This would be ideal, but a number of people run a manifold off the return pump. If I had more room in the sump, I would have used a separate pump. Maybe I'll set up feeding this way just to see if there is any noticeable build up in reactors...

OP
OP
shiftline

shiftline

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This would be ideal, but a number of people run a manifold off the return pump. If I had more room in the sump, I would have used a separate pump. Maybe I'll set up feeding this way just to see if there is any noticeable build up in reactors...

Keep me updated. I'm curious!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 69 34.7%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 51 25.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 64 32.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.0%
Back