How to hook a hose to this pump

ajremington68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might be a no brainer but can I hook a garden hose to this pump somehow to drain a tank to a drain about 30-40 feet away then use the same pump to pull the water out of a trash can next to the tank and pump it in. All for water changes? New to big tanks and want to get rid of bucket method.

Also would 30-40 feet of garden hose be to much for it to pump all the way through up to the tank with the garbage can sitting g right next to it or no??

30 bucks for a pump is not bad and I hear hyggers are not bad pumps. Should I snag this? And will I be able to attach a cheap garden hose to it to complete my needs? Don’t want to do silicon tubing from Lowe’s with it being 30-40 for only 20 feet.
IMG_3738.png

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If above doesn't work an extra hose that does fit, 2 clamps, then another piece for other end identical but with a screw on fitting for hose on opposite end.

Quick trip to home depot and shouldn't be hard to piece together.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Might be a no brainer but can I hook a garden hose to this pump somehow to drain a tank to a drain about 30-40 feet away then use the same pump to pull the water out of a trash can next to the tank and pump it in. All for water changes? New to big tanks and want to get rid of bucket method.

Also would 30-40 feet of garden hose be to much for it to pump all the way through up to the tank with the garbage can sitting g right next to it or no??

30 bucks for a pump is not bad and I hear hyggers are not bad pumps. Should I snag this? And will I be able to attach a cheap garden hose to it to complete my needs? Don’t want to do silicon tubing from Lowe’s with it being 30-40 for only 20 feet.
IMG_3738.png
As mentioned, push hose on and recommended, a Plastic clamp

1716421334108.png

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

BrokenReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I meant to add that I have this exact pump for refilling my AWC reservoir and doing big water changes on my display. It works great, no issues with it at all.

OP
OP
ajremington68

ajremington68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You just cut metal hose barb off hose and push it on. Can use zip tie to sinch it down if need be.
It comes with variable sizing of barbz
This pump would not be ideal to drain tank water unless you don’t mind the submersible pump being … inside your tank.
ye I don’t care to much. I’ll keep it clean and dry between uses

UMALUM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might want to check out 1 in pond tubing. It's super light weight and only about 50 cents a foot. Call me crazy but I just don't trust a recycled rubber composite. You really have no idea what the " cheap garden hose " is actually made of.

Malcontent

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use PVC ("vinyl") tubing. It's far cheaper than silicone and good enough for most purposes.

Reefering1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This pump would not be ideal to drain tank water unless you don’t mind the submersible pump being … inside your tank.
It sure could, if you had a few inches of water in waste container. Just start the pump, shut it off when water is flowing into display and water will continue to siphon back. Like your return pump/sump

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 55 42.0%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 64 48.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 9.2%
Back