How to identify dying or dead snails

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sprinting
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Sprinting

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 12, 2021
Messages
86
Reaction score
63
Location
Lakewood Ranch
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a dozen or so snails from another reefer and I put them in a new qt tank to prevent introducing any hitchchikers.

The water is cloudy and smelly today. Any tips on how I could identify the dying snails? I added prime but I’m about to do a full water change.

none of the snails have moved from where I placed them.

image.jpg
 
Just take some out and check them . Did you drip acclimate them or just put them in. Plus they have no food in there . They would usually move around tho . Mine do when I get them from lfs
 
Just take some out and check them . Did you drip acclimate them or just put them in. Plus they have no food in there . They would usually move around tho . Mine do when I get them from lfs
The water they were coming from was pretty smelly so I figured moving to clean water was a priority. What would I be inspecting them for? Should they move when I poke them?
 
When I got snails from reefcleaners.org they did say that snails can take up to 3 days to start moving again as sometimes the travel shocks them a bit.
 
My new snails sometimes don't move for a couple of days, I think its normal.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new