How to keep a Fishless aquarium long term

I’m not having a light on, that should help keeping the ugly stuff away hopefully
But you will when corals added. I wasn’t referring to cycle.
 
But you will when corals added. I wasn’t referring to cycle.
I’m only adding a couple of non photosynthetic corals to this system for observation, they don’t require light to survive.
I’m trying to remove as many variables as possible to be able to gain some decent data from this study.
I believe removing fish should help immensely with that goal
 
I’m only adding a couple of non photosynthetic corals to this system for observation, they don’t require light to survive.
I’m trying to remove as many variables as possible to be able to gain some decent data from this study.
I believe removing fish should help immensely with that goal
Perhaps the add some sponges as they will help filter the water. Those NPS might enjoy newly hatched brine shrimp and shrimp nice tank dark one could point a light at the corals and send feed that way then sponges help filter the dead shrimp not consume.
 
It could be nothing although I like to try and prevent situations that I may not have thought off, there won’t be light, this should reduce the risk with photosynthetic nuisance to appear.
Yeah I really want to clarify that the reason it's not possible is because you WILL have a biological filter whether you want to have one or not.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new