How to kill sps spongodes

phixman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
During the early ages of my tank, I planted 4 frags of spongodes around the system to test how they did around the system. I want to devote the space to more expensive sps . How do I kill it ? I tried fragging and scraping it off, turns white, then color comes back. It has to be done inside the tank

fermentedhiker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if you fragged and scraped them down as much as possible and then covered the area with a kalk paste would permanently eliminate it?

Sierra_Bravo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long after men have vanished from the Earth, after the mountains have worn down and the seas boiled away, after the last cockroach rolls over to stare forever into a burning sky, Montipora spongodes will remain to reclaim the world.

At least it seems that way to anyone who ever tried to get it out of their tank. :p Manually remove as much as you can and apply kalk paste. You can also cover with super glue and/or epoxy. Good luck!

blasterman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a hardy coral....like German Blues. Good luck killing without scraping it. It's SPS so eventually grinding it down it will give up.

Spongodes is near the top of my 'ugly coral' list. It looks like something that seeped from a loaded baby diaper and it can be invasive.

devocole

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
During the early ages of my tank, I planted 4 frags of spongodes around the system to test how they did around the system. I want to devote the space to more expensive sps . How do I kill it ? I tried fragging and scraping it off, turns white, then color comes back. It has to be done inside the tank

Putting epoxy putty over top for 1 week. Then easily remove. It will be white and dead.

Back