How to lower Calc & Mag when using TM Original Balling Method?

dr1271

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 2, 2020
Messages
92
Reaction score
89
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been dosing the 3 part solution for a little over 6 months now. In my last ICP test, both Calc (522ppm) and Mag (1446ppm) levels were quite high with my Alk steady at 8.5.

How can I get my Calc and Mag levels back lower when I’m dosing equal parts of the 3 solutions (52ml/day)?

I also use Tropic Marin Pro Reef Salt.

SH: 1.027 (need to bring this down)
Temp: 79
3E28C179-CD80-498C-972E-45E1EDDF3872.png
 
Disconnect solution A and C. Connect them again when calcium and magnesium are reduced to the values you want to see
 
Ok, and then once they level out, do I go back to dosing the same amounts again? That’s the main objective is to be dosing all 3 parts together, at the same amount each day.
 
Ok, and then once they level out, do I go back to dosing the same amounts again? That’s the main objective is to be dosing all 3 parts together, at the same amount each day.
Then again, wake up to dose the same way. Sometimes adjustments are required, especially in younger KH systems, more is consumed
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 20 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new