How to make a favia happy?

jhatfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a WWC Rambo Favia that has been in my 9 month old tank for about 6 months. It looks great with good color and has grown somewhat in size but no signs new heads/polyps. I do a feeding with reefroids twice a week and try to target it but it doesn't respond in the way acans do. I don't see any feeding reaction at all.

Looking for tips on how to make these guys happy.

Parameters
Alk - 8
Calcium - 450
Phos - .05
Nitrate - 4
Location - near bottom front of tank.

IMG_2028.jpg

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a WWC Rambo Favia that has been in my 9 month old tank for about 6 months. It looks great with good color and has grown somewhat in size but no signs new heads/polyps. I do a feeding with reefroids twice a week and try to target it but it doesn't respond in the way acans do. I don't see any feeding reaction at all.

Looking for tips on how to make these guys happy.

Parameters
Alk - 8
Calcium - 450
Phos - .05
Nitrate - 4
Location - near bottom front of tank.

IMG_2028.jpg
What is your lighting setup?

tdileo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See if it has feeding tentacles at night. I don’t get feeding responses from my goniastreas no matter how hard I try it if it’s late they have feeding tentacles out and will eat anything.

miyags

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could try feeding fauna marin lps pellets. It looks real good.I have a three head frag of mayan sun favia, that hasn't grown at all. Maybe a year old now.

OP
OP
jhatfield

jhatfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could try feeding fauna marin lps pellets. It looks real good.I have a three head frag of mayan sun favia, that hasn't grown at all. Maybe a year old now.
I'll give some different foods a shot. What size pellet do these guys like.

miyags

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started using the lps grow and color. size m. 0.8-1mm. My corals seem to like it,some take it in faster than others. Favia's,favites and platy's

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a couple of Favia frags in my tank,, I can't help myself,, really like these corals,, such a diversity in colors ,,, mine have taken forever to get happy in my tank,, sit there for months doing nothing,,, I got all of them about the same time,, so they are all getting happy in my tank at about the same time :) I put a few Fauna Marin pellets in my hand ,, with a bit of water to soften them up,,, then mash them up over the top of the Favia's ,,, the corals don't appear to be eating,,, but they are I guess,,, after being fed,,, they get puffed up and happy looking,,, with Favia's,, imo, from what I have learned watching my frags,, its all about light,,, seems like they like the same kind of Par you would give Chalice & Acan corals,,, then just giving them the time to get happy in your tank,,, my Favia's may have taken longer to get happy though,, for awhile,,, my tank was kinda all over the place,,

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back