How to mimic AB+ with only 4 channels?

RevMH

Happy Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still using and so far so good. I tried to up it ch 1 5% and ended up bleaching 2 millis. I immediately put it back to the last setting and they seem ok with it, no more bleaching. So they look faded pink instead of red now, slowly I know they’ll come back. Still have polyp extension. Everything else looks like it did. No3 was at 16ppm and Po4 was at 0.05 so it wasn’t a nutrient issue.
Glad to hear it! I am sitting at 90 for my whites, but I have a diffuser sheet at the lens, so my PAR is reduced.
Also, side note, thank you for the review you did of the Maxspect light. It was immensely helpful when I bought mine about a year ago!

RevMH

Happy Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still using and so far so good. I tried to up it ch 1 5% and ended up bleaching 2 millis. I immediately put it back to the last setting and they seem ok with it, no more bleaching. So they look faded pink instead of red now, slowly I know they’ll come back. Still have polyp extension. Everything else looks like it did. No3 was at 16ppm and Po4 was at 0.05 so it wasn’t a nutrient issue.
I forgot to ask. Why did you switch from the 25, 90, 90, 25 setting you had before your current set up? Was there something lacking from the corals, or just a visual difference? Channel 1 and 4 at 25% would be pretty blue/

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Radion newb question.
Is there a visual graph of the a b colors ? And other settings? Curious.

The graph of the radions native colors on the site (1:1) , will grow corals just fine , I’m curious as to the mixes they reccomend.
7_small.jpg

This is what it looks like when they are all blended together to create a cohesive full spectrum mix that we created to match the EcoTech CoralLab SPS AB+ mix.

OP
OP
AdamNC

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to ask. Why did you switch from the 25, 90, 90, 25 setting you had before your current set up? Was there something lacking from the corals, or just a visual difference? Channel 1 and 4 at 25% would be pretty blue/

The wife couldn’t handle all the blue. I didn’t blame her, it was really really blue.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 178 72.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 6.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 46 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back